Creating a Loving Bond
With Your Baby
Making your baby feel safe and loved is one of the most important building blocks to bonding with your child. Developing a trusting relationship with your baby is an important first step. There are plenty of great ways to safely bond with your baby. Try some of the following ideas:
1. A parent's loving touch comforts a baby and makes them feel loved and safe.
2. Skin to skin contact is also very soothing for your baby. Try resting your baby on your chest while you watch television or talk with friends.
3. Eyes can be a window to the soul, especially for someone who can't talk yet!. Making eye contact with your baby is a great way for the two of you to connect.
4. Your voice is one of your baby's favorite sounds. Talk to your baby and respond to noises your baby makes. Read or sing to your baby every day.
5. Babies like you to acknowledge their efforts. Try mirroring your baby's movements or mimicking your baby's cooing.
6. Playing simple games like peek-a-boo or little piggy provides your baby with needed brain stimulation and deepens your bond.